One of the most exciting educational areas at the SCHI is the high-fidelity simulation suites on level 2 of the Hub building.
The simulation suites provide interactive, hands on, scenario-based clinical education in an environment that replicates the equivalent physical hospital setting and equipment. Simulation education and training at the SCHI involves all levels of participant from undergraduate to senior staff as well all healthcare disciplines and specialties. The simulation programs bring many different groups together, promoting multidisciplinary team training and inter-professional learning.
The SCHI simulation suites feature:
- 8 Bed Ward with pharmacy store
- ICU Bedroom
- Resuscitation Bay
- Interventional Suite with scrub room
- Birthing Suite
- State-of-the-art simulation equipment and audio-visual technology including high-fidelity manikins and part-task trainers
- Control rooms for directing scenarios
- Briefing rooms for de-briefing on and viewing activities taking place in the simulation suites
- Change rooms equipped with lockers, showers and toilets
- Breakout space
- Secure clinical disposal room and equipment clean up room