The Sunshine Coast Health Institute (SCHI) is located on the Sunshine Coast University Hospital (SCUH) campus in the ground floor and level 1 of the eastern Lakeside building, and the Hub building which wraps around the auditorium. It comprises more than 10,000 m2 of space and has been designed with the latest audio visual capability. The majority of space in SCHI features shared teaching and learning spaces designed to promote collaboration and cooperation.
The SCHI facilities include:
- A cylindrical shaped contemporary 370 seat auditorium with the latest audio-visual technology
- A 150-seat lecture theatre with an operable dividing wall to create 2 smaller spaces
- An open-plan, light and modern library with flexible learning and study areas
- High fidelity clinical simulation suites, including state of the art technology and exact replicas of the hospital clinical environment
- E-learning laboratories
- Clinical research laboratory with PC2 containment
- Human body visualisation laboratories featuring a virtual dissection table
- Flexible multi-purpose teaching spaces
- Clinical demonstration rooms
- Dedicated workspace for each of the SCHI partners
- Open-air seating, communal lounge and breakout spaces, end of trip facilities and a range of amenities
- A modern library with kiosk computers to allow students to access their organisation’s online environment. More information about the library can be found by visiting the QHEPS intranet page (accessible from SCHI computers and SCHHS logins only).
The SCHI facility is part of the Sunshine Coast health campus at Birtinya and is bordered by Doherty Street and Eccles Boulevard. A range of transport infrastructure including a public transport hub, pedestrian and cycle links and parking, provide a range of transport options for travel to the site.
The SCHI has a dedicated entry, end of trip facilities including showers, lockers, toilets and racks that accommodate up to 120 bicycles, and a bus stop conveniently located on the eastern side of the Hub building.
There are approximately 3,500 car parking spaces on the SCUH campus with two multi-deck car parks (P1 and P2) designed with sufficient capacity to accommodate the parking requirements of all staff, students and visitors to the site. Overhead bridge links provide weatherproof access to the hospital.
A dedicated vehicle set down area is located at the Main Entrance of the hospital.
A dedicated bus stop is located on Eccles Boulevard near the main entry of the SCHI.
Click here to view SCUH bus services
To plan your journey and access real-time information, use the online Translink journey planner, download the MyTransLink app or call 13 12 30 anytime.