The Sunshine Coast Health Institute is a dedicated education, training and research facility, contributing to the Sunshine Coast University Hospital’s (SCUH) vision of ‘providing excellent care through collaboration, enquiry and education’. Teaching and research is integral to the SCUH and the SCHI plays a vital role in training the next generation of staff, fostering innovation and maintaining a culture of ongoing clinical audit, redesign and clinical practice improvement to support excellence in the delivery of care.
At the SCHI, we are committed to:
- Promoting a workplace culture that recognises the integration of education, patient care and research across the hospital precinct
- Ensuring our governance structure and operating principles promote integration and inter-professional partnerships
- Supporting the delivery of high quality, sustainable healthcare through education and research
- Providing a state-of-the-art collaborative teaching environment
- Conducting innovative and applied research that improves clinical practice and health outcomes and attracts research funding and researchers
- Facilitating staff and student interaction and the shared use of clinical technology and expertise